Thursday, May 20, 2010

My First Blog - Becoming More than a Good Bible Study Girl

Ok.....so this my first blog on my own blog site.  My daughter says I need to blog since I have a blog set up, so I am going to try.  I am not a writer, I don't even journal but here goes!!

About 2 weeks ago the Women's Ministry at Macedonia Baptist Church started a new Bible study by Lysa Terkeurst called "Becoming More than a Good Bible Study Girl".  I am going to attempt to blog each week about that week's study and how it touched or changed my life. 

The first session was all about My Heart.  Things, people, and positions can not fill an empty heart, only God can do that.  These things we use to try to fill up our hearts with only end up being idols.  God spoke to me during this week's study through Jeremiah 17:8.  I will not take the time or space to type it out here but I urge you to look it up and see if it speaks to you placing your name directly into the scripture.  Psalm 119:105 says..."Thy word is a lamp until  my feet, and a light unto my path."  We don't need to depend on our relationships, a better position or more stuff to figure out our path in life, we only need His Word!  How simple is that! 

For those of you reading this who are in the study let me encourage you to go pick up your book right now and finish today's study!  If you are not attending the weekly study at Macedonia, continue to follow my blog and I will try to keep you up-to-date about what we are doing.  We are in the middle of week 2 so I will blog again the first of  next week.  Next week's study is all about My Walk with God.  I can't wait to share what God is teaching me through this week's study. 

~ Believing God ~ Melinda ~

1 comment:

  1. God will listen and if we truly seek Him, we will find Him. He wants the best for us and He already has the plan for our life.Jeremiah 29:11 We just have to follow Him to know what that plan is and DAILY walk with Him. I am not the best Bible study girl because I don't always do my time with God each day but I am striving to do better and want to become more like Him.

    ReplyDelete